Types of Data Collected
Like many other Web sites, BugSmacker.com collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
While using BugSmacker.com, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Cookies and Usage Data
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use
• Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
• Analytics and customization Cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites for you.
Use of Data
BugSmacker.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the service
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
• To monitor the usage of our service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
This data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Transfer Of Data
BugSmacker.com may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of BugSmacker.com
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Websites
Embedded Content From Other Websites
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Children should always ask parents before providing any personal information online. No information should be submitted to or posted on BugSmacker.com by any minor (a person under 18 years of age) without the consent of a parent or guardian. Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information about minors, regardless of its source, nor is this information knowingly used by BugSmacker.com for any purposes. Minors are not eligible to participate in contests. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Other Legal Stuff